Chapel & Special Event Webcast

Attending Chapel, weekdays from 10:00 am until 11:00 am, is key to being an active part of the University of Valley Forge community. Each morning we gather in the Flower Chapel for worship, prayer and meditation on God's word. Chapel services are diverse and intended to help students experience spiritual growth and development. Feel free to explore this page to watch recent broadcasts and encourage family and friends to watch the daily webcasts as well. 

Chapel Live

Loading the player ... Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash version installed ...

Recent Broadcasts

Chapel Archives


Archives 1-4 of 85

Academic Chapel

September 24, 2014 September 24, 2014 - September 24, 2014

Chapel Guest Speaker: Rev. Carl Colletti

September 25, 2014 September 25, 2014 - September 25, 2014

Chapel Guest Speaker: Jermel Mayo

September 26, 2014 September 26, 2014 - September 26, 2014

Chapel Guest Speaker: Mr. Bill Darpino

September 29, 2014 September 29, 2014 - September 29, 2014
Gayle Brostowski
Reverend Gayle A. Brostowski ‘85 was a mentor, encourager, supporter and a University of Valley Forge (UVF) Patriot. After a three-year battle with cancer, Brostowski went to her heavenly home on Friday, Sept. 12, 2014. 

Brostowski graduated from UVF with a pastoral degree and played softball and basketball during her time here. She served as a traveling evangelist for 20 years for Green Ridge Assembly of God in Scranton, Pa. In her travels and leadership positions, Brostowski advocated the university by sharing her experience at UVF with prospective students. She continually supported the Alumni Association and mentored students she met through her church or through her connections as a UVF Patriot alumni. During homecoming week last year she was awarded the Distinguished Alumni Service Award. 

In 2011, Brostowski was diagnosed with breast cancer and fought her illness until her passing last week. Through her illness and treatments, she continued her evangelist ministry and her friendships with UVF students, staff and faculty. She served as an example of faith, perseverance and strength to those around her.   

Brostowski was featured this year in UVF's 2014 Annual Magazine. The university wanted to share her story and dedication to her alma mater. In a phone interview, Brostowski said she remembered her time at UVF fondly and was thankful for the faculty and staff who poured into her life and the friendships she continued after her years at college. 

In gratitude for her experience at UVF and her passion for the next generation, Brostowski created an endowed scholarship for future female ministry majors at UVF. Brostowski was a friend to many students, faculty and staff. She will be missed at our campus and sporting events. Still, we know her legacy will continue on at the University of Valley Forge.
Gayle Brostowski Memorial September 19, 2014
university-of-valley-forge


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Dr. Dan Mortensen
610.917.1412
dwmortensen@valleyforge.edu

VALLEY FORGE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE IS NOW THE UNIVERSITY OF VALLEY FORGE

New Name, Same Mission


PHOENIXVILLE, Pa., Sept. 16, 2014 – Effective today, Valley Forge Christian College has officially changed its name to the University of Valley Forge (UVF). The Pennsylvania Department of Education (DOE) approved the name change on Aug. 27 but state processes appointed the formal recognition date as today.

President Don Meyer, Ph.D., shared his thoughts on the name change and the future of the university. "As we walk through this transformational doorway, we acknowledge a new name, but same mission." he said, "A mission to, 'prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world.'"


The University of Valley Forge celebrated the change during chapel at 10 am today. Students, faculty and staff wore new university logo apparel in support of the name change. The service shared the launch of the new university logo, website and online radio station. The first university diplomas were presented to three alumni faculty members: the first graduate of a masters program and two graduates from Eastern Bible Institute (the original name of the university in 1939). The celebration continued on the campus grounds with lunch and a student photo booth. In addition, a temporary University of Valley Forge sign was unveiled at the main entrance where a permanent sign will later be erected.

The university will continue to be regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, the Social Work Program of UVF is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the Education Program of UVF is aligned to meet the requirements of the DOE. The university is endorsed by the Alliance for the Assemblies of God Higher Education, a group of 16 institutions serving approximately 3 million Assemblies of God adherents in the United States.

new-name-same-mission   university-name-change-faqs
 
About the University of Valley Forge

The University of Valley Forge is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities. As a private university of the arts, sciences and professions, it provides undergraduate, graduate and lifelong learning programs. Its mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world. The University of Valley Forge’s 150-acre main campus is located in Phoenixville, Pa. The university offers 67 undergraduate majors, seven graduate programs and nine associate programs, and has a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio serving over 1,000 students.

The history of the University of Valley Forge dates back to 1939, when several small bible institutes consolidated and formed Eastern Bible Institute (EBI), in Green Lane, Pa. The institute charter was granted to train evangelists, pastors, missionaries, Christian educators and lay workers. EBI expanded in numbers and property space becoming Northeast Bible Institute (NBI) and, after a fourth year of study was added, became Northeast Bible College (NBC). In 1976–1977, NBC moved to its current location in Phoenixville, Pa., on the site of the former Valley Forge General Hospital, and was renamed Valley Forge Christian College (1976–2014).


Accreditations

The University of Valley Forge is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Website: www.msche.org. Phone: 267.284.5000). The Social Work Program of UVF is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. (Website: www.cswe.org. Phone: 703.683.8080).


Press Contact

Dr. Dan Mortensen
610.917.1412
dwmortensen@valleyforge.edu


Press Logo and Photos

Right-click to download ZIP file of logos and photos.


university-of-valley-forge


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Dr. Dan Mortensen
610.917.1412
dwmortensen@valleyforge.edu

VALLEY FORGE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE TO BECOME THE UNIVERSITY OF VALLEY FORGE

Name Change Reflects the Quality and Breadth of the Institution’s Programs


PHOENIXVILLE, Pa., August 28, 2014 – On the heels of its 75th anniversary, Valley Forge Christian College proudly announces that it will become the University of Valley Forge (UVF) on September 16, 2014. Overwhelming support and endorsement for the change came from faculty, students, college trustees, alumni and church leaders.

Prompting today’s announcement was notification by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (DOE), the entity charged with the responsibility to approve university designations in the state, that the college’s application has been approved. A ceremony is planned to officially recognize the change and to unveil a temporary sign that will grace the front of the campus until a permanent sign is erected.

President Don Meyer, Ph.D., shared that, “The mission of the University of Valley Forge will not change. Though our name will change, the spirit of the institution, the dedication of our faculty and staff, the world-wide impact of our alumni and the abiding commitment to our God-given mission, will continue to be the hallmarks of the university.”

In preparation for the official name change, the school has created new branding that includes a UVF seal and logo, as well as a new athletic logo and patriot icon. Signage, marketing materials and other items will be rolled out in the coming months.

The name change to the University of Valley Forge ushers in a new era in the life of the institution, signaling exciting new curricula, enrollment growth, campus development, and an ongoing commitment to increase the quality of academic programs. The new name will help students obtain entrance into graduate schools and make it easier for alumni to enter foreign countries where religious freedoms are restricted. For a nominal fee, alumni can request a new diploma with the University of Valley Forge inscription by contacting the Registrar’s Office.

The name change also recognizes the maturation that has occurred over the past 75 years, which has resulted in the quality institution that exists today. Campus development has transformed the former Valley Forge General Hospital site into a beautiful and well respected campus. In addition, academic programs have grown in number and quality, with 67 undergraduate majors and 7 graduate programs.

All of the activities that contribute to the vibrant and authentic spiritual environment that exists now will continue, including a daily chapel service, the hiring of highly qualified, spiritually dynamic faculty members and a solid Bible core in all majors.

In addition to the main campus in Phoenixville, Pa., the university offers courses at its additional location in Virginia and at extension sites in South Carolina and Illinois. UVF is actively engaged in a process to rapidly expand its online offerings. As members of the NCCAA Division III and provisional members of the NCAA Division III, the university competes in 10 intercollegiate men’s and women’s sports.

Executive Vice President, Dan Mortensen, Ph.D., stated, “We now become alumni and friends of an institution with a new name and many exciting new developments. However, UVF will maintain the tradition of providing a caring faculty, committed to quality education in a distinctly Christian environment. Spiritual development will endure as a primary institutional objective. While things all around us change, at UVF, ‘preparing individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world, will remain our mission.”

As the change has been contemplated over the past few years, President Meyer has reflected on the amazing contributions of thousands of alumni, employees, board members and denominational leaders who have contributed to create the amazing environment that exists at the university. “We hold a deep appreciation for those who have gone before, who have sacrificed to build the foundation from which we launch the University of Valley Forge.” Meyer continued, “I am reminded of the anonymous quote that says, ‘From the altars of the past, take the flame and leave the ash.’ As we make this momentous change, we have the privilege to take the best of what has gone before and create a life-changing environment that will transform students to accomplish all that God has for them.”

The university will continue to be regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, the Social Work Program of UVF is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the Education Program of UVF is aligned to meet the requirements of the DOE. The university is endorsed by the Alliance for Assemblies of Higher Education, a group of 16 institutions serving approximately 3 million Assemblies of God adherents in the United States.
 
new-name-same-mission   university-name-change-faqs
 

About the University of Valley Forge

The University of Valley Forge is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities. As a private university of the arts, sciences and professions, it provides undergraduate, graduate and lifelong learning programs, whose mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world. The University of Valley Forge’s 150-acre main campus is located in Phoenixville, Pa. The university offers 67 undergraduate majors, seven graduate programs and nine associate programs, and has a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio serving over 1,000 students.

The history of University of Valley Forge dates back to 1939, when several small bible institutes consolidated and formed Eastern Bible Institute (EBI), in Green Lane, Pa. The institute charter was granted to train evangelists, pastors, missionaries, Christian educators and lay workers. EBI expanded in numbers and property space becoming Northeast Bible Institute (NBI) and, after a fourth year of study was added, became Northeast Bible College (NBC). In 1976–1977, NBC moved to its current location in Phoenixville, Pa., on the site of the former Valley Forge General Hospital, and was renamed Valley Forge Christian College (1976–2014).


Accreditations

The University of Valley Forge is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Website: www.msche.org. Phone: 267.284.5000). The Social Work Program of UVF is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. (Website: www.cswe.org. Phone: 703.683.8080).


Press Contact

Dr. Dan Mortensen
610.917.1412
dwmortensen@valleyforge.edu


Press Logo and Photos

Right-click to download ZIP file of logos and photos.


Valley Forge Christian College is Now the University of Valley Forge September 16, 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Dr. Dan Mortensen
610.917.1412
dwmortensen@valleyforge.edu

VALLEY FORGE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE IS NOW THE UNIVERSITY OF VALLEY FORGE

New Name, Same Mission

Students Celebrate at UVF Sign
PHOENIXVILLE, Pa., Sept. 16, 2014 – Effective today, Valley Forge Christian College has officially changed its name to the University of Valley Forge (UVF). The Pennsylvania Department of Education (DOE) approved the name change on Aug. 27 but state processes appointed the formal recognition date as today. 

President Don Meyer, Ph.D., shared his thoughts on the name change and the future of the university. "As we walk through this transformational doorway, we acknowledge a new name, but same mission." he said, "A mission to, 'prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world.'"

The University of Valley Forge celebrated the change during chapel at 10 am today. Students, faculty and staff wore new university logo apparel in support of the name change. The service shared the launch of the new university logo, website and online radio station. The first university diplomas were presented to three alumni faculty members: the first graduate of a masters program and two graduates from Eastern Bible Institute (the original name of the university in 1939). The celebration continued on the campus grounds with lunch and a student photo booth. In addition, a temporary University of Valley Forge sign was unveiled at the main entrance where a permanent sign will later be erected.  

The university will continue to be regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, the Social Work Program of UVF is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the Education Program of UVF is aligned to meet the requirements of the DOE. The university is endorsed by the Alliance for the Assemblies of God Higher Education, a group of 16 institutions serving approximately 3 million Assemblies of God adherents in the United States.


About the University of Valley Forge
 
The University of Valley Forge is part of an international network of Assemblies of God colleges and universities. As a private university of the arts, sciences and professions, it provides undergraduate, graduate and lifelong learning programs. Its mission is to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and in the world. The University of Valley Forge’s 150-acre main campus is located in Phoenixville, Pa. The university offers 67 undergraduate majors, seven graduate programs and nine associate programs, and has a 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio serving over 1,000 students.

The history of the University of Valley Forge dates back to 1939, when several small bible institutes consolidated and formed Eastern Bible Institute (EBI), in Green Lane, Pa. The institute charter was granted to train evangelists, pastors, missionaries, Christian educators and lay workers. EBI expanded in numbers and property space becoming Northeast Bible Institute (NBI) and, after a fourth year of study was added, became Northeast Bible College (NBC). In 1976–1977, NBC moved to its current location in Phoenixville, Pa., on the site of the former Valley Forge General Hospital, and was renamed Valley Forge Christian College (1976–2014).
 
For more information on the university, visit http://www.valleyforge.edu/university.

Accreditations
The University of Valley Forge is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Website: http://www.msche.org. Phone: 267.284.5000). The Social Work Program of UVF is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. (Website: http://www.cswe.org. Phone: 703.683.8080).
 
Press Contact
Dr. Dan Mortensen
610.917.1412
dwmortensen@valleyforge.edu 
 
###
 

University of Valley Forge - September 16 Press Release September 16, 2014
new-semesterThe start of the fall semester kicked off on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014 when new students arrived on campus eager to check in to their new home for the next four years. Students and their families arrived at 8 am and were welcomed by the Valley Forge Christian College (VFCC) admissions team, resident assistants and student leaders from START (Striving Toward Real Togetherness) and SGA (Student Government Association).

Staff and volunteers helped the students move into their residence halls and personally welcomed them and their families to the VFCC community. While the new students participated in team building and bonding activities with the START teams, the college hosted a luncheon for parents to socialize and ask questions about their student's transition to college.   

Returning students arrived on campus Sunday, Aug. 24 and Monday, Aug. 25. After a quiet summer, the college was excited to welcome the bustle of students who were moving in, reuniting with old friends and meeting new ones to begin another academic year. 

The fall semester officially began on Tuesday, Aug. 26, with a chapel service at 10 am. President Don Meyer, Ph.D., welcomed new and returning students and expressed his excitement as he prayed over the college year. Vice President of Academic Affairs Kevin Beery, D.S.L., introduced six new faculty members who have joined the Departments of Behavioral Sciences, Digital Media and Church Ministries. The chapel service also signified the closing of summer renovations and improvements by a group of retired missionaries led by Dave and Linda Maracle. The Maracles shared photographs of the work the MAPS RV missionaries completed this summer and thanked everyone who had a hand in helping the RVers complete their work. 

Prior to the conclusion of the first week of classes, an exciting announcement about the future of the institution was made in chapel on Aug. 28. Meyer announced that VFCC received approval from the Pennsylvania Department of Education to become the University of Valley Forge, effective Sept. 16, 2014. The exciting name change is the beginning of a historic year as the institution readies for the internal and external developments to follow. Still, Meyer assures the heart and mission of the institution will remain the same. 

Read the press release about the announcement of the official name change.  

Semester Begins With New Name but Same Mission September 02, 2014