Grants are need-based awards that do not need to be repaid. Grants can come from UVF, state and/or the federal government. 

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is a need-based grant available to students pursuing their first bachelor's degree. Eligibility is based upon your expected family contribution and enrollment status. You are automatically reviewed for the Pell Grant once UVF receives your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Additional information about the Federal Pell Grant can be found on the Student Aid website. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

The Federal SEOG Grant is a need-based grant provided by the Department of Education offered to students who demonstrate significant financial need. You are automatically reviewed for the SEOG award when your aid application (FAFSA) is being evaluated.

To be eligible for the SEOG Grant, you must have significant financial need as determined by your expected family contribution and be an undergraduate student who is receiving a Pell Grant. The amount of SEOG funding UVF receives from the Department of Education is subject to change year-to-year.

Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Association (PHEAA) Grants

PHEAA offers need-based grant funding to Pennsylvania residents who are pursuing their first bachelor's degree at a higher education institution within the state. Eligibility is based upon the financial information submitted on their FAFSA, their enrollment, and campus location.

Only students who are enrolled at least half-time (6 credits a term) and meet the Pennsylvania residency requirements will be considered by PHEAA for a grant. UVF will receive an estimated grant amount for all students who meet the initial eligibility requirements. Final determinations of grant amounts are made by UVF in coordination with PHEAA's guidelines once the Pennsylvania state budget has been finalized.

Summer Semester is considered to be an extra term by PHEAA and therefore, undergraduate students who take classes during summer may be eligible for an additional Summer PHEAA Grant. This additional grant is based upon a separate application that must be filed with PHEAA.

Additional information about this award can be found on

State Grant Programs (Non-Pennsylvania)

Some students from outside of Pennsylvania may receive funds from their state grant programs that can be used at University of Valley Forge. Currently, students living in Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia may use their state grants at University of Valley Forge. To apply for a state scholarship, contact your state financial aid agency or call the federal education information center at 1.800.433.3243 to get the telephone number and address of your state agency, for program requirements and application procedures. When you receive an eligibility notice from your state program, you should submit it to the Financial Services Office at UVF.

You're Watching: My name is Michael Stetson and this is my story